Fireworks permits are available for purchase beginning in June. To better serve the citizens of Broken Arrow, these permits are available online. You may apply for and obtain a fireworks permit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the last business day before July 4.
City Hall is closed July 3, 2020.
Permits may also be obtained in person at the Community Permitting and Licensing window on the north end of Broken Arrow City Hall, 220 S. First St. The cost for the permit is $22, as set in the Manual of Fees. Permits will not be issued to persons under 18 years of age.
Permits are valid during the hours of 3-11 p.m. on July 3 and 4 only!
Remember to clean up!
Extinguished fireworks debris must be placed inside trash bags. Loose trash will not be picked up.
Apply for a permit online.
If you have any difficulty with this application, please call Community Permitting and Licensing (918-259-2411, option 0) and a representative will walk you through the steps to complete this type of permit application.
Instructions for Purchasing Permits Online
Please keep this page open to reference while completing the permit application.
- Go to the permits portal.
- On the left side of the screen, click Apply for a Permit.
- In the "Select User Class" dropdown list, select Owner and click Continue.
- Enter your house number (i.e. 220), direction (i.e. South), street name (i.e. 1st, Elm, etc.) and street suffix (i.e. Street, Place etc.) and click Continue.
*Note: you do not need to enter the "Owner Name".
- From the list, click on your address (if there is more than one listed, choose the first one).
- In the "Application Type" dropdown list, select RESIDENTIAL FIREWORKS PERMIT. Under "Contractor Type" select OWNER. Check the I Agree box and click Continue.
*Note: you do not need to fill out any of the other boxes.
- Enter the contact information for an adult person that will be onsite at all times in the Contractor Owner section and the Owner section. Include: name, work phone, cell phone, and email address. Click Continue.
- Review the information. If something is not correct, click back and correct the information. Otherwise, click Finish.
- Enter your credit card information. Click Continue. Follow all other prompts to complete the transaction. Carefully review the information on this screen and click Pay Now at the bottom of the screen. Print a receipt as proof of payment.