On Tuesday, November 10, 2015, City of Broken Arrow voters overwhelmingly approved renewal of the expiring Vision 2025 sales tax to hire more police officers, firefighters and fix Broken Arrow roads. Because this will be an extension of an existing tax, there will be no tax increase in Tulsa County.
Sales tax revenue collected in Broken Arrow from the Vision 2025 renewal will stay in Broken Arrow. The additional funding will be used specifically for the following:
- Hire 20 new firefighters
- Hire 20 new police officers
- Improve streets and sidewalks
- Alleviate traffic congestion
Estimated Annual Revenue
Broken Arrow residents are benefiting from the many positive changes Vision 2025 has made in our community. In 2003, Tulsa County voters approved a 13-year, 6/10 of one penny sales tax increase to fund regional economic development and capital improvement throughout Tulsa County. In Broken Arrow, Vision 2025 funded significant economic, educational and quality of life projects, such as expansion of NSU Broken Arrow, the Rose District, the Nienhuis Aquatic Center and more.
The City of Broken Arrow seeks to extend 55 hundredths of a penny ($0.0055) of the existing Vision 2025 sales tax. This would be a permanent tax to fund public safety and street improvements.
The election will be held Tuesday, November 10, 2015. Broken Arrow voters will see two propositions on the ballot regarding the sales tax renewal:
Establish a sales tax of three tenths of one penny ($0.003) to hire additional police officers and firefighter/paramedics; as well as fund the acquisition and replacement of public safety vehicles, equipment, technology and apparatus.
Establish a sales tax of twenty-five hundredths of one penny ($0.0025) for the purposes of improving, constructing, and maintaining city streets, sidewalks, and related stormwater appurtenances, including the installation of traffic control devices and signalization.
The November 10 special election is open to all registered voters living within the Broken Arrow city limits in both Tulsa and Wagoner Counties.
- Sample Ballot
- Map of Broken Arrow City Limits
- Streets Maintenance 5-Year Plan Map – View which areas will be improved with the renewal of Vision 2025.
- Election Information
- Ordinance 3360 – This legal document outlines the specific way in which the sales tax must be used for public safety purposes.
- Ordinance 3361 – This legal document outlines the specific way in which the sales tax must be used for streets maintenance.
- Vision Extension Overview and FAQ Sheet
- August 11 Town Hall Meeting Presentation
- June 24 Town Hall Meeting Presentation