Request a Copy of a Report
Cash or Check Only
Police Records is staffed by three (3) civilian employees. They are responsible for all data entry of police reports into the CRIMES computer system, for maintaining records of all arrests, criminal histories, case reports, Uniform Crime Reports, etc. Records staff provide copies of reports upon request, and in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, to the media, individuals, insurance companies and other law enforcement agencies.
Please note: In accordance with State statute, accident reports must be kept confidential for a period of 60 days. Prior to that time, accident reports can only be released to individuals involved in the accident (or parent if minor), their legal representative, insurance agencies of the parties involved, health care providers or licensed private investigator in the employ of the parties, among others specified in Chapter 47 Oklahoma Statute Section 40-102.
*** The Broken Arrow Police Department does not conduct background checks for the general public. Please refer to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation website for background checks.
- In Person – Police reports are available to the public only during the following times: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Bring form and Photo ID to the BAPD Records Dept. 1101 N. 6th Street, Broken Arrow, OK. 918-451-8302.
- By Mail – Send form, Check/Money Order, & Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. BAPD Records Dept. 1101 N. 6th Street, Broken Arrow, OK 74012. 918-451-8302.
- By Phone – Due to privacy laws, we are unable to process request via phone.
- Free to involved parties
- $.25 for all others (those eligible to receive a copy)
- Free to Victim
- $.50 for all others (for media copy only)
- $2.00 for those requesting complete copies that require additional handling through Legal
- (for up to and including 8 pages. $.25 per additional page thereafter)
Arrest Reports (A&B)
Multiple Records/Address Search
- $2.00 for search report plus $.25 per page for any additional document copies requested as a result of the search.
Jail Logs/Misc. Requests*/Additional Copies
- $.25 per page
- $.50 double-sided document
- $2.00 for documents that require additional handling through Legal
* Including dispositions and CAD calls.
* These fees are non-refundable in the event that insufficient information is provided
and/or no record is found. To ensure that we can process your request successfully, it is very important that you provide as much information regarding the record as possible – a case number is preferable but not required.
Please note that, with the exception of traffic accident reports, any information pertaining to a minor will be redacted (removed) from your copy.
Only the first two pages of an offense report are available for immediate release. This information is generally sufficient for insurance purposes.
Any requests for additional information/pages of your report will be sent (by us) to our Legal Department for review and require additional time (3-5 business days) to process. Approved requests will then be forwarded to you. Please note that you are requesting a complete file copy on your request form. (Otherwise only the first two pages will be sent)
Any information pertaining to a minor will be redacted (removed from your copy).
All online forms must be printed out and returned in person or mail to:
1101 N. 6th Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Emailed and/or faxed forms will not be accepted.