The Public Information Office of the City of Broken Arrow is committed to keeping the public informed of municipal government events and actions.
On this page, you can access:
- Annual reports. Get an overview of what's happening in Broken Arrow.
- City budgets. See where the money comes from and how it's being spent.
- General Obligation Bond information and history. Track projects for updates on completion dates.
- Sales tax initiatives. View updates on projects, revenues and expenses.
Public Meeting Notifications
While the City Clerk’s office is required by law to physically post agendas in a visible location at City Hall, citizens may conveniently view meeting agendas and minutes. On that page, visitors may request notifications alerting them of new agenda postings.
Staff communicates dates for special community meetings through the news section of the website, along with issuing press releases to broadcast and print media outlets. City-wide robo-calls are also utilized through the Swift 911 program.
City Council Highlights
Check out City Council Highlights, a quick recap of major actions taken at Broken Arrow City Council Meetings. We will provide routine updates after every meeting, in order to keep everyone in the loop with what’s going on in local government.
Public Communication Methods
The following resources are utilized to disseminate information to the public:
- City website
- Opt-in email alerts
- Automated city-wide phone calls
- Press releases
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, NextDoor)
- Monthly citizen newsletter, distributed via postal service with utility bills
- Government access channel (Cox cable channel 24)
- Direct mail, as needed
Social Media Policy
The City of Broken Arrow encourages people in the community to engage with us through social media tools like Facebook and Twitter; however, we do reserve the right to remove comments that work against our mission to inform and educate the public. This includes:
- Comments not topically related to the particular social media article being commented upon
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or other status protected by law
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Illegal activity or encouragement thereto
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party