Debra Wimpee was a Main Street retail store owner in the Rose District for four years. She believes that experience was instrumental in getting plugged into the Broken Arrow community even further. Wimpee became a Broken Arrow Chamber member and went on to serve on the Board of Directors for two years. She has also sat on the Board of Directors for the Tulsa Young Republicans and the BA Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club for three years.
Since then, Wimpee has been busy organizing community events such as: ShamRock the Rose; Red, White & Brew; Cinco De La Rosa; Street Eats on Main; BA Buzz Pop Up Shops and Summer Solstice to name a few, bringing over 60,000 people to the downtown area. All of these events are fueled by her true passion for creating a strong sense of community, while helping to keep money in Broken Arrow. Having been a small business owner, Wimpee knows how important it is to have someone help promote small business and aid in bringing customers to their doorsteps. She loves being able to create awareness of what Broken Arrow has to offer.
Currently, Wimpee is the Executive Director of two commercial real estate associations, as well the BA Buzz. In addition, she has also been a Chamber Ambassador for a number of years and a Broken Arrow Rotarian. She loves Broken Arrow and being active in the local community and political world.
Wimpee and her husband, Glenne, graduated from Broken Arrow High School in 1990. They have been married for 18 years, have three children and two grand-darlins.
- Broken Arrow City Councilor, Ward 1
- 2019 Broken Arrow High School Great Graduate
- 2019 Women in Municipal Government Woman of the Year Nominee
- National League of Cities Public Safety Committee member
- 2017 Paul Harris Fellow
- 2016 Beacon Awards Honoree for Philanthropy and Volunteerism
- 2015 Community Organization Best of Broken Arrow Award
- 40 Under 40, Class of 2012
- 2013 Arrowhead Retailer of the Year
- Leadership Broken Arrow, Class of 2013
- Board of Directors, Broken Arrow Chamber of Commerce 2012, 2013
- Advisory Board member for the Broken Arrow Salvation Army 2012 to Present
- Broken Arrow Rotary 2015 to Present
- Community Group Leader, The Church at Battle Creek 2011 to Present
- Created ShamRock the Rose festival; Red, White & Brew; Holiday Pop Up Shops; Summer Solstice festival; Street Eats on Main food truck days