How the City communicates information
The City uses multiple methods to disseminate information to the public.
The primary source of City information is the recently redesigned City website, BrokenArrowOK.gov. The website includes helpful news and calendar sections that residents can sign up to receive an email notice when items are posted.
To sign up for emails:
- Visit BrokenArrowOK.gov/Notifications.
- Enter your email address and name.
- Click the envelope icon next to each category of item you want to receive emails for OR to subscribe to all categories, select the envelope at the bottom of the page.
- Click submit.
- Check your email for a confirmation link.
Once your email address is confirmed, you will receive an email anytime we post content to your selected categories.
Automated city-wide phone calls
Swift911 is the City’s automated telephone system for emergency notifications. This system makes phone calls or sends emails or texts to people in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. All the calls you receive will have the Caller ID of “City of Broken Arrow” or “Broken Arrow Police Department.”
To sign up, visit BrokenArrowOK.gov/alerts.
The City routinely sends updates on local services and events to area news outlets. These releases are published under the News section of the website.
The City utilizes several social media channels:
- The City also routinely publishes information on the NextDoor app. NextDoor is a service that connects neighbors within the community. Visit nextdoor.com to get connected.
Focus newsletterOur monthly citizen newsletter, distributed with utility bills or with a link by email to those that subscribe to e-billing. Archived issues are also available at BrokenArrowOK.gov/Focus.
Cox Cable subscribers in BA can easily watch BA news and updates as well as recent City Council and Planning Commission meetings. Tune into Channel 24 for programming.
Finally, the City will also send direct mail whenever necessary to communicate information.