Councilor Mike Lester
Broken Arrow native Mike Lester joined the Broken Arrow City Council in April 2007. He was reelected in 2011 and 2015.
Lester worked for the Tulsa Police Department from 1971 to 1977 in the patrol, traffic and detective divisions. In 1977, he created Lester & Associates, a general contractor company in Broken Arrow. Lester started as a home builder and later evolved into commercial construction.
Lester’s commitment to public service is demonstrated by the many organizations he’s been involved with over the years.
- Broken Arrow Planning Commission – 10 years
- Broken Arrow Board of Adjustment – 1 year
- Broken Arrow Civitans – 1991 to present (BA Civitan of the Year 2014)
- Broken Arrow Chamber Board of Directors – 3 years
- Broken Arrow Economic Corporation – 3 years
- Broken Arrow Education Foundation, founding member
- Union Public Schools Education Foundation, founding member
- Union Public Schools Long Range Planning Committee – 1982 to 2011
- Tulsa Metropolitan Utility Authority – 3 years (chairman 1 year)
- Indian Nations Council of Governments (INCOG), board of directors – 3 years
- Greater Tulsa Assoc. of Realtors, board of directors – 2010 to 2014
- Northeast OK Real Estate Services (NORES), board of directors
- National League of Cities Public Safety-Crime Prevention Steering Committee – 2007 to present (2019 Vice Chair)
- Organized and led the efforts to create the Bever Family/First Responders Memorial Park.
His wife of 34 years, Pat, is a retired Union Public Schools teacher. They have two sons and two granddaughters. The Lesters are members of Asbury United Methodist Church.